Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tattoo thoughts and nachos

So the tattoo-countdown is at five days… (for those of you who don’t know, and can’t guess from the previous sentence, I am getting a tattoo.) *grin* I am really excited, and, I must admit, a little nervous as well. I’ve asked multiple people what it feels like, because I think part of the nervousness is just not knowing, but the answers I get back are disappointing. Personally I don’t think that people are descriptive enough. The usual is ‘it feels like being scratched with a needle, over and over’. Well duh. But to me that doesn’t seem to fully describe it still… Is it a sharp shooting pain? A dull throbbing? The way your knee burns if you scrape off the top layer of skin? The way acid burns, biting? Stinging, aching, nauseating, scraping…? There’s tons of words that could be used, but aren’t. The best one that I’ve heard so far is that it feels like a cat scratch. See, to me that brings it to a level that I understand. Not only the initial scratching feeling, but that stinging, puffy feeling as well. I had been talking to my friend Sparrow, who recently got a tattoo, and that was her description. Anyways… So, five days. I am going with my roomies, and Isabelle is going to be my note-taker during the process. I will sit there and be marked, and she will dutifully write down my dictation, which I will post here later. There is a deeper meaning behind it than just a seal, but only a few people know the whole story; I might add that too, or I might not. We’ll see…
That seems to be all I’ve got for now, and I have a good book and some nachos waiting for me, so toodles. Until my next post! (which, hopefully, will be sooner, rather than later… I’m trying to be more consistent…)
~Ro

1 comment: