Monday, June 7, 2010

First Entry

Sometimes it is a struggle to start writing. The longing is there, and so are plenty of ideas, but what stops me so often is the actual process. I want it to come out perfect. Which isn’t possible, and I know that, at least in my head. But apparently somewhere in my heart still needs to be convinced. After hearing about some of my friend’s blogs, I got excited, and wanted to try one of my own. Several days ago one of those friends helped me set this up, and since then lots of different ideas of what to write have been swirling through my brain. And yet, when I sit down at my computer to write my first entry, poof! I over complicate things; syntax, sentence structure, which entry do I want to start with, and how to arrange it…ect ect. And the end result is nothing but lots and lots of blank white space on my screen. So. I am not going to do this ‘perfectly’, but dang it, I am going to do it. All right, ‘nuff said about that.
Welcome to my blog! I have decided there will be certain things that will be considered Not To Be Blogged About, such as my father and other painful topics, but I am ok with that. Besides, there are plenty of topics and other sides of me to write about. Out of respect for other people, I will not be putting names here, so everyone gets a nickname. =) I’m pretty sure people will be able to figure them out, but if it takes awhile, that’s cool too. Guessing just adds to the fun of things. Well, I think that’s good for a first blog entry… Until next time, toodles.
~Ro.

1 comment:

  1. Totally understand what you mean about wanting what you write to be perfect, I feel that way all the time.

    ReplyDelete